Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Peer Pressure

Imagine being 4 years old and arriving at school on "Dress like a Clown Day" and you are the only one with your face crudely painted by your mother. You would have thought that Chet was "Chucky" or something; he was mortified. Now, keep in mind, I did see other kids with Clown make-up on in the hall, but Chet only saw his classmates in their normal clothes. When those little eyes looked up at me and said "Mom, please," I knew I had to come to his rescue. I think there will be a time when he fully understands the concept that it is "OK" to be different. However, this morning I graciously sat down in his classroom and "wet wiped" off my Picasso while 5 little pairs of eyes clammered around. Tonight will be different, he gets to wear his Blue Power Ranger suit, and after watching the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin special last night, he's fully trained in the art of "trick or treating."

1 comment:

Mimi said...

This is such a funny story!