Thursday, October 18, 2007

Justus-Tiawah Wildcats


WOW! It's been 2 months since Chet started Pre-K at Justus-Tiawah. Of course when you ask him where he goes to school, it's "Justus-Tiawah Wildcats," you have to name the mascot as well. He absolutely loves school, his teachers and his new friends. He's Mr. Social as you can imagine and groans on Saturday morning when he there is no school.


I didn't think I would have had a hard time sending him to school that first day, afterall, he's been attending the Parents Day out programs at our church and the Catholic church since he was 18 months old. I have to admit, I had a meltdown the night before school started, it was just a new milestone and the realization he's growing up. I don't know how or why Coy and I were blessed with such an incredible little boy, but we make sure to thank God daily for this and remind Chet how happy we are to be his Mommy and Daddy.


Coy rushed home to the school that first day before I picked Chet up and gave him the roses to give to me when I got there. I was so suprised, at first I thought to myself, "wow, they give roses to all the Moms that first day of school because they knew how stressed out we were," and then I realized that Coy was behind it when he walked around the corner. Those two boys sure love me and make me feel special.



Well, 2 months later and today and tomorrow are fall break....that means Chet has things he wants to do and we're off to accomplish our missions. Marti

No comments: