Friday, October 26, 2007

Buddy Walk - Team Tori




On Sunday afternoon, Coy, Chet and I spent the afternoon supporting a Great friend of ours at the 2007 DSAT Buddy Walk. http://www.dsat.com/ Tori is the daughter of one of the first people I met when we moved to Claremore 6 years ago. Tori's Mom Rachelle was working at the local Satelite Provider Office and I was attempting to have my utilities connected. I think as I would tell the story that I let her know in my sweetest voice and demeanor that I looked forward to a bright future and relationship with her office. Her story is a bit different, something about I was stressed and frazzled from the all day adventure of long lines and broken promises that I was pretty "blunt" on how and when I wanted this installed. Amazingly, in her efforts and great skill of dealing with "difficult" people we almost immediately became great friends. I remember telling Coy that day, "I met this real nice girl today," I'm wondering if she went home and said the same thing?


With that, we have watched Tori grow from a 5 year old into an 11 year old, soon to be 12 year old that can ride a horse with the best of them. Chet loves Tori and Parker to come over, he'll say "Mom, can you call 'Shell' and have her and the kids come pway, pwease?"

On Sunday, the weather was perfect and we spent the day laughing, playing and appreciating the great gifts God has given us, including Chet's personal choice to wear his Cowboy boots and shorts....another Coy Fashion 101 lesson. We look forward to participating again next year, if you want to join us...just let us know. Marti

No comments: