OK, so, I am a bit late on this post. In fact, I'm simply late about posting in general. So much for my "we are going to try to update this weekly" plan. However, I think I can explain. You see, I have had an attitude of "if you can't blog something nice, then don't blog anything at all" type of a mindset. It all started with my Thanksgiving post, that's the time of the year that I get a bit....well, let's just say, not very nice. The entire commercialism aspect of Christmas drives me nuts. Well, yes, I'll admit, I love to shop for presents and yes, I even love to receive....I just want it to be meaningful. I do try very hard to put some love & thought into presents we buy for others. I can't say this exactly happened the way I wanted this year, but I don't think that was because of my "bad mood" about the holidays funk I got into, but more so the fact that I ran out of time as well as the "you try to tell Chet at this age that the tv commercials are a BUNCH of hype" and that Christmas should be more meaningful than that. I was definitely at many stores trying to find the "Red Fire Boat" that Chet just had to have....which incidentally turned out to be our first, or should I say, my first Lego toy and hopefully this will not become a favorite hobby for me. Had I known that I would be required to build "the boat," I might have paid Santa to explain to Chet that it was not really what he want.
December was simply a strange month. But, when it comes down to it, we survived and quite honestly had a great time. If you are reading this from somewhere local, I need to say absolutely nothing about the ice storm we had, if you are reading this from afar, WOW, is about all I can say. We were without power here in our home for 10 days, while many in this area were without for nearly 3 weeks, so we felt lucky. And, as you can imagine, Coy, Chet and I had a great time, not to say that it was easy, and not to say that I didn't cry more than once during that time...but, we had a great time. I could have benefited from some sunlight during the days, but the nights were beautiful here, you could step outside and other than a few generators you'd hear in the distance, it was silent and the stars were magnificent....and, we were thankful. We were thankful we had each other, thankful we are healthy and thankful that we chose a different career than working for the power companies and road crews. There is not enough thanks in the world for what these people and their families gave up to get power back to everyone!
So, while I'm being nice and thankful in this post, let me end it by saying Happy New Year 2007 from the Jenkins' and let me get back to posting more important things than my bad attitude! Marti
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment